Chair: Professor Rob Andrews, Associate Professor of Diabetes and Endocrinology, University of Exeter Medical School
1) Improving management and treatment for Type 2 diabetes: effective use of drugs
Nicola Milne, Queen’s Nurse RGN RM, Community Diabetes Specialist Nurse, Diabetes UK Clinical Champion, Primary Care Diabetes Society Committee Member, Manchester Diabetes and Endocrinology Centre, Manchester University NHS Foundation Trust
Dr Naresh Kanumilli, Community Diabetes Consultant, Manchester University NHS Foundation Trust, Diabetes UK Clinical Champion, Manchester Clinical Network Lead for Diabetes and Primary Care Research Lead, Greater Manchester Clinical Research Network
2) Supporting people with type 2 diabetes in your service to achieve remission
Dr Anjali Zalin, Consultant Obesity Physician, Barts Health NHS Trust
3)Interactive discussion: How should glucose monitoring including Flash be used in type 2 diabetes?
– When do you institute finger monitoring and have you ever used flash?
– Do you feel that the NHS should be supporting you to use it at an earlier stage – and if so what stage?
– What do you think the opportunities are of new technology for people with T2D?
4) Best practice for supporting your patients with their lifestyle behaviour change
Philippa Brown, Diabetes Prevention Project Officer, Healthier You, Lincolnshire Clinical Commissioning Group and Lisa Marsters and Ryan Morrow, Xyla Health and Wellbeing
Recorded on: Thursday 24th March 2022
See our future Diabetes events at: https://www.diabetes-nnf.co.uk/